What agents are selling young adult (YA) novels? Publishersmarketplace.com does a great job of monitoring the business of selling manuscripts to publishers. If you’re looking for an agent, you’ll want to spend a lot of time there doing research on agents to find the perfect match for you and your stories. Here’s just one way to look at the agents for young adult novels. This list includes information on the agent, links to his/her agency and the number of young adult deals made in the last twelve months. Please note that the agent/agency may have made many other deals in addition to these; these are limited to those self-reported by the agent/agency in the category of middle grade. For more information, go to Publishersmarketplace.com (you must pay to join to see full information).
I did a similar report on YA agents in 2013. At that time, I only listed the top 10 YA agents, who represented 72 deals. This time, the top 10 agents report 85 sales. This could be due to a couple reasons: first, Publisher’s Marketplace relies on agents to self-report. This means that the agents are, for the first time, in a sort of competition for rankings. Reporting more sales means they are ranked higher, which gives prestige and possibly brings in more prospective clients. Second, it could mean that sales are up for picture books. We hope the latter is the case, but suspect the first reason has much to do with the increased number of sales.
- Sara Crowe (Harvey Klinger), 12 deals. Website
- Jim McCarthy (Dystel & Goderich Literary Management), 11 deals. Website
- Sarah Davies (Greenhouse Literary Agency), 10 deals. Website
- Mollie Glick (Foundry Literary + Media), 10 deals. Website
- John Cusick (Greenhouse Literary Agency), 9 deals. Website
- Rosemary Stimola (Stimola Literary Studio), 7 deals. Website
- Tina Wexler (ICM), 7 deals. Website
- Josh Adams (Adams Literary), 7 deals. Website
- Victoria Marini (Gelfman Schneider/ICM), 7 deals. Website
- Adriann Ranta (Wolf Literary Services), 7 deals. Website
- Kerry Sparks (Levine Greenberg Rostan), 7 deals. Website
- Jennifer Laughran (Andrea Brown Literary Agency), 6 deals. Website
- Kate McKean (Howard Morhaim Literary Agency), 6 deals. Website
- Molly Ker Hawn (The Bent Agency), 6 deals. Website
- Kevan Lyon (Marsal Lyon Literary Agency), 5 deals. Website
- Holly Root (Waxman Leavell Literary Agency), 5 deals. Website
- Jill Corcoran (Jill Corcoran Literary Agency), 5 deals. Website
- Nicole Resciniti (The Seymour Agency), 5 deals. Website
- Kathleen Rushall (Marsal Lyon Literary Agency), 5 deals. Website
- Allison Hellegers (Rights People | United Kingdom), 5 deals. Website
Fiction Notes by Email
When a new post appears on Fiction Notes, we'll send it to you by email.
We love to make it easy for you!