Starting your First Novel?
Start Your Novel by Darcy Pattison on MimsHouse.com
Or, find inspiration and information in the article list below:
- Research for Your Novel
- Scrivener: Sculpting a Story
- Start! Again. And Again. And Again. . .
- Find Your Novel Opening: Quickly, Efficiently–and with MORE Creativity
- Openings: 5 Ways They Go Wrong
- Never Visited a Place? You Can Still Writing About It – Here’s the Secret!
- Subplots Fight Writer’s Block
- Storytelling: One Surprising Approach to Plotting
- How to Write a Book Series: 3 Crucial Decisions
- Do You Fear Starting a New Novel?
- Major v. Minor Revisions: The Surprising Relationship between Draft #1 and Draft #2
- Bad First Drafts–And Why They are OK
- Abandoned Story? Pick up the Story Lines Again and Create Magic
- How to Ruin Your Novel’s Opening with a Few Wrong Words
- Idea to Book: Outline + Character
- Awful First Draft: It’s Hard to Trust the Process
- Trust the Writing Process: Of Anteaters and Spider Webs
- Excitement: Starting a New Novel
- No Words on the Page, But I’m Still Writing
- Help Me Write a Book: 10 Books to Help you Get Started
- 5 Ways First Pages Go Wrong
- First Drafts: Spaghetti Problems
- Starting a New chapter: Defeating the Blank Page
- Setting the Scene: Openings that Orient
- Conflict Begins on Page One
- Openings: And the Winner Is. . .
- Trying 12 Opening Lines
- Your Story’s Time Line: Cut It Up
- Outlining First Draft Reveals Structural Flaws
- Book Proposals: Sell Your Work
- 9 Tips on Opening Lines & Opening Chapters of Your NaNoWriMo Novel
- Situation v. Plot
- Stuck on my First Draft
- To Tell or Not? Silence is Golden?
- Celebrate Progress
- Rhythms of Writing
- Uncertainty of First Drafts
- Improve Your Weak Opening
- Envelopes for Acts
- Time Line Helps You Plot
- Connecting Main & Sub Plots
- Your Novel’s Welcome Mat: Intriguing Titles
- Success: What Price Does Your Character Pay?
- Establish the Emotional Arc
- Midpoint Crisis: Plotting
- Mentor Texts: Novels to Learn From
- Rich Prewriting Enhances Novel
- Opening Lines
- The Lonely Brainstormer
- Nail Your Novel
- First page: An Editor Discusses Why It is Important
- Opening Chapters
- Surprise Yourself in the First Draft
- 5 Resources for First Drafts of Novels
Fiction Notes by Email
When a new post appears on Fiction Notes, we'll send it to you by email.
We love to make it easy for you!