12 Updated Resources for 2011
- State of the industry. First, a basic question: Are picture books dead? Not according to Karen Springen and PW.
Don’t Write the Obit For Picture Books Yet, By Karen Springen, Dec 12, 2010
- Writing Encouragement. Natl Pic Book Writing Week May 1-7, 2011
National Picture Book Writing Week is a take off on the National Novel Writing Month and encourages writers to work on children’s picture book manuscripts.
- 30 Days to a Stronger Picture Book. Children’s picture book author, Darcy Pattison has 30 posts about how-to write a children’s picture book. Answers questions like, where do I find an illustrator? (You don’t! See why.) This is also available as an ebook.
- Getting Started: The Basics of Children’s Writing and Illustrating, by Harold Underdown
Introductory information for people wanting to get published as a children’s book writer or illustrator in the United States, by former editor.
- Picture Book Editing Checklist
- So You Want to Write a Picture Book–advice from author Mem Fox.
- Nancy Antle on Writing Children’s Literature: Interview about Dos and Don’ts of Writing Picture Books.
- Why I’ve Switched to CreateSpace for Picture Books, by Aaron Shepard
Long-time self-publisher has insider knowledge about various POD options and explains why he’s switching to Amazon’s CreateSpace.
- How To Write a Rhyming Picture Book and Get it Published — Part 1: A Writer’s Perspective.
- How To Write a Rhyming Picture Book and Get it Published — Part 2: A Publisher’s Perspective.
- How To Write a Rhyming Picture Book and Get It Published — Part 3: A Reader’s Perspective.
Write a Rhyming Picture Book blog article, by author Patricia Thomas
Basic Resources for Writing Children’s Picture Books
Authors on How-to Write a Children’s Picture Book
Philip Bell: Capturing Childhood Magic With Picture Books
Updated Information on Self Publishing a Picture Book
How to Write a Rhyming Picture Book
Other Posts about Picture Books on Fiction Notes
Fiction Notes by Email
When a new post appears on Fiction Notes, we'll send it to you by email.
We love to make it easy for you!