Do you ever stop learning? I don’t. I may be able to teach a number of things and bring out the best in my students, but for myself, I keep learning.
Here are some things I’ve learned lately.
- Ban yellow highlighters! Highlighting is a poor learning strategy. Instead, stop ever so often and ask: Why is this true? How does this relate to things I already know? What do I still not know?
- I know way too little about writing comedy. But here are three great books on the topic that are making me work and work VERY HARD (Hurrah!):
- I run faster when my music has the right beat. Try the Cruise Control app: Cruise Control: Run – Cruise Control.
- Flourless Chocolate Cake tastes good and is a great Valentine recipe.
- Pinterest is becoming one of the major sources of traffic to my site. The visual medium of book covers and other related imagery piques people’s interest. Follow me on Pinterest.
- If your name is Pattison, your name might be confused with Pattinson these days. Miserable vampires.
- Life would be more interesting if YOU were part of the Fiction Notes Facebook group and if you asked and answered lots of questions there. Please come join us.