You need tips on “how to write a novel” or “how to revise a novel.” Start here with ideas on how to strengthen your characters. Then read the companion series, Novel Diagnosis and 30 Days to a Stronger NOVEL.
15 Days to Stronger Characters
- Characterization Begins with Names and Nicknames
- Character Roles and Jobs
- 5 Character Traits to Explore
- 5 Tips on Character Descriptions
- Improving Character Descriptions With Body Language
- Characters’ Voices Reveal Traits
- 5 Questions about Character Desires
- When Characters Show Their Weakness
- 5 Secrets about your Characters’ Secrets
- This I Believe
- The Versatile Point of View
- 5 Questions about First Person POV
- 5 Ways to Keep Characters Consistent
- My Character’s Whispering Secrets
- Villains Don’t Always Wear Black
Start your novel in six simple steps:
Starting the Journey
Why Editors Focus on Page 1
STEP ONE: Clarify Your Idea
STEP TWO: Review Your Skills
STEP THREE: Plan the Opening Chapter
STEP FOUR: Plan the Opening Line
STEP FIVE: Now, Write!
STEP SIX: Revise
Fiction Notes by Email
When a new post appears on Fiction Notes, we'll send it to you by email.
We love to make it easy for you!