- What needs to be revised?
- What are some examples of this done well?
- What are some techniques I can use?
- What must I give up in the current version to do this?
- What could replace what I must give up? What if I change settings? Characters present? Outcome? Bits of dialogue?
- What will be the result of this revision on other sections of the story and on the story as a whole? Will it create a domino-effect of needed revisions?
- What will change for the characters?
- What will the effect be on the plot?
- What if I try using a different voice?
- What if I don’t make the change? What if I make it in a different section of the story instead of here?
- Will I like this story if I make this change?
Fiction Notes by Email
When a new post appears on Fiction Notes, we'll send it to you by email.
We love to make it easy for you!