What crazy things do people say when they learn you are a writer?
- Oh, I have a story that you could write. Sit down and I’ll tell you about it.
- Oh, are they real books or just books for kids?
- Um, that’s nice. Is the spelling hard?
- I wrote a poem, and I think it would make a good picture book, but I can’t find a good illustrator.
- I don’t like to read.
- To the writer of a picture book: The art really makes this story come alive.
- I only go to the bookstore for the coffee.
- Why don’t you write something like Harry Potter? (Um, yeah. Start at the top of my profession, why don’t I?)
- Are you rich?
- How much did you have to pay to get the books printed?
Fiction Notes by Email
When a new post appears on Fiction Notes, we'll send it to you by email.
We love to make it easy for you!