What agents are selling middle grade novels? Publishersmarketplace.com does a great job of monitoring the business of selling manuscripts to publishers. If you’re looking for an agent, you’ll want to spend a lot of time there doing research on agents to find the perfect match for you and your stories. Here’s just one way to look at the agents for middle grade novels. This list includes information on the agent, links to his/her agency and the number of middle grade deals made in the last twelve months. Please note that the agent/agency may have made many other deals in addition to these; these are limited to those self-reported by the agent/agency in the category of middle grade. For more information, go to Publishersmarketplace.com (you must pay to join to see full information).
I did this roundup of middle grade agents in 2013 and you may want to compare the list from then. At that time, I only listed the top 10 agents, who represented 60 sales. This time, the top 10 middle grade agents report 80 sales. There may be two reasons for this. First, Publisher’s Marketplace relies on agents to self-report. This means that the agents are, for the first time, in a sort of competition for rankings. Reporting more sales means they are ranked higher, which gives prestige and possibly brings in more prospective clients. Second, it could mean that sales are up for middle grade novels. We hope the latter is the case, but suspect the first reason has much to do with the increased number of sales.
- Sarah Davies (Greenhouse Literary Agency), 15 deals. Website
- Jennifer Laughran (Andrea Brown Literary Agency), 14 deals. Website
- Ammi-Joan Paquette (Erin Murphy Literary Agency), 10 deals. Website
- Erin Murphy (Erin Murphy Literary Agency), 9 deals. Website
- Steven Chudney (The Chudney Agency), 9 deals. Website
- Holly McGhee (Pippin Properties), 8 deals. Website
- Tina Wexler (ICM), 6 deals. Website
- Stephen Barbara (Inkwell Management), 6 deals. Website
- Kelly Sonnack (Andrea Brown Literary Agency), 6 deals. Website
- Rosemary Stimola (Stimola Literary Studio), 5 deals. Website
- Daniel Lazar (Writers House), 5 deals. Website
- Sara Crowe (Harvey Klinger), 5 deals. Website
- Tracey Adams (Adams Literary), 5 deals. Website
- Rebecca Sherman (Writers House), 5 deals. Website
- Josh Adams (Adams Literary), 5 deals. Website
- Jennifer Rofe (Andrea Brown Literary Agency), 5 deals. Website
- Brianne Johnson (Writers House), 5 deals. Website
- Caryn Wiseman (Andrea Brown Literary Agency), 4 deals. Website
- Laura Dail (Laura Dail Literary Agency), 4 deals. Website
- Jill Corcoran (Jill Corcoran Literary Agency), 4 deals. Website
Fiction Notes by Email
When a new post appears on Fiction Notes, we'll send it to you by email.
We love to make it easy for you!