Yesterday, I finished the last of my speaking engagements for a while and today I’m taking a deep breath and reminding myself–I’m supposed to be a writer. But there’s always that naggin question–am I a real writer?
10 Things That Mean You’re a Writer
Answer True or False. If at least half of these things are true of you, you’re a writer.
- I live half in fantasy, half in reality.
- I hear characters talking.
- I dream of relationships and events that could only take place in a book.
- I enjoy sitting before a computer, alone, for hours on end.
- I love to play with words, the sounds of words.
- Trying different combinations of words is fun to me.
- I get grouchy when more than a day or so goes by without writing.
- When I’m writing, time stops or slows and hours can pass without me realizing it.
- If I’m not writing, I’m reading.
- If I’m not reading, I’m writing.
A writer writes. And I’m a writer. I’m glad that speaking is done for a while and I can get back to my real love.