Do you ever stop learning? I don’t. I may be able to teach a number of things and bring out the best in my students, but for myself, I keep learning.
Here are some things I’ve learned lately.
- Ban yellow highlighters! Highlighting is a poor learning strategy. Instead, stop ever so often and ask: Why is this true? How does this relate to things I already know? What do I still not know?
- I know way too little about writing comedy. But here are three great books on the topic that are making me work and work VERY HARD (Hurrah!):
- I run faster when my music has the right beat. Try the Cruise Control app: Cruise Control: Run – Cruise Control.
- Flourless Chocolate Cake tastes good and is a great Valentine recipe.
- Pinterest is becoming one of the major sources of traffic to my site. The visual medium of book covers and other related imagery piques people’s interest. Follow me on Pinterest.
- If your name is Pattison, your name might be confused with Pattinson these days. Miserable vampires.
- Life would be more interesting if YOU were part of the Fiction Notes Facebook group and if you asked and answered lots of questions there. Please come join us.
From Rejection to Acceptance
Help your story shine.
Get the Picture Book Checklist now!