Many speakers used quotes in their presentations or made memorable statements. Here’s my collection of quotes from the conference:
- About True Love: “It’s great when a publisher loves my work, but a contract is better; a contract is True Love.” Jarrett J. Krosocka, picture book and graphic novel author and illustrator.
- Humorous Take on True Depression: “It’s like, no one has blogged about my book in two days.” Jarrett J. Krosocka, picture book and graphic novel author and illustrator.
- “Nothing good comes from reviews.” Paul Newman, actor.
- “I only wished to publish a book or two that lasts.” Susan Hirschmann, founder of Greenwillow Books
- “Magic doesn’t create: it summons.” Richard Jackson, editor.
- “You write books for children? Huh. I guess someone has to do that.” Woman on plane to Bruce Hale, author.
- “There is no terror in the bang–only in the anticipation of it.” Alfred Hitchcock, film director.
- “Fiction is a lie and good fiction is the truth inside the lie.” Stephen King, author.
- “We must continually be jumping off cliffs and growing our wings on the way down.” Kurt Vonnegut, author.
- “There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside you.” Zora Neale Hurston, author.
- “Sure it’s simple writing for kids. . .Just as simple as bringing them up.” Ursula K. LeGuin, author.
Enjoy the Conference Notes? Subscribe to Revision Notes by Email.