How to Write a Query Letter
I’m attending a retreat this weekend and we are supposed to bring a query letter for critique. In preparation, I’ve read a variety of articles about “how to write a successful query letter” and found the best available on the internet today.
- How to Write a Query A classic 3-paragraph query letter. Great examples of hooks.
- How to Write a Query Letter Great list of Do-Nots and a good sample query included.
- How to Write a Successful Query. Covers the essentials, plus Hooks to Avoid.
- Rites of Submission: Cover Letters and Query Letters. Details the differences and similarities between cover and query letters.
- Tara K. Harper, FAQ: Query Letters Reminder to consider the audience (publisher, editor, or agent) and the type of manuscript you have written (novel, magazine piece, etc.)
- How to write a query letter. With only 25 words for each major section of a query letter, this one gives you a solid skeleton for your query.
- Stepping Onto the Query-Go-Round, pt. 1: Content First of a 4-part series on query letters, including a successful letter, notes on tracking queries and more.
- What’s NOT a Query Letter. Send out these queries at your own risk.
- How to Write a Great Query Letter: Inside Tips & Techniques for Success. FREE eBook from agent, Noah Lukeman, on the topic of queries.
- How To Query an Agent
- How to Write a Great Query Letter: An Example that Worked. Example from a Scholastic Editor.
- Sample Query Letter. An annotated sample query letter.
- I’m All Done, Now What? Writing a Query Letter. A query letter is taken through several revisions.
- The Complete Nobody’s Guide to Query Letters The query letter as a cold-call selling technique. Example of a successful query.
- P&E: Sample Novel Query Letter. Basic annotations, but good.
- Query Letter Subject Lines: Act Now!! Get It While It Lasts!