Top Literary Agents for Middle Grade Fiction
According to the Publishers Marketplace, these are the top twenty agents for selling middle grade fiction. First a couple of cautions.
Self Reported Statistics. The statistics are compiled from sales in the last twelve months reported on Publisher’s Marketplace. This is a big caution because sales on PM self-reported. I know from talking to friends that their agents (some of those listed in the report) have had sales, but they weren’t reported on PM. In other words, agents select the sales to report and tend to report only the “hot” sales or the “big” sales. Sales to smaller houses or those without large advances tend to be under-reported. Some of these agents may have many more sales than reported her; or some may ONLY have these sales. We don’t know. Still, this gives you an idea of who is actually selling manuscripts to publishers today.
Also notice that each agent and agency has other sales; I am only concerned here with sales of Middle Grade Fiction. These top twenty agents reported combined sales of 83 middle grade fiction manuscripts in the last twelve months.
Notice also that the sales numbers for an individual agent are not high. The highest is seven sales and by the #20 spot, there are only three deals. Notice that spots #1-2 are tied at seven each; spots #3-7 are all tied at five sales each; spots #8-15 are all tied at four sales each; and #16-20 are all tied at three sales each. Lots of great agents, and the number of sales each has made does little to distinguish one from another.
Note: To submit, please research each individual agent and agency and follow their guidelines.
Top 20 Middle Grade Fiction Agents
- Daniel Lazar, Writer’s House – 7 deals
- Tina Eexler, ICM – 7 deals
- Erin Murphy, Erin Murphy Literary Agency – 5 deals
- Barry Goldblatt, Barry Goldblatt Literary – 5 deals
- Sara Crowe, Harvey Klinger – 5 deals
- Josh Adams, Adams Literary – 5 deals
- Ammi-Joan Paquette, Erin Murphy Literary Agency – 5 deals
- Tracey Adams, Adams Literary – 4 deals
- Rosemary Stimola, Stimola Literary Studio – 4 deals
- Caryn Wiseman, Andrea Brown Literary Agency – 4 deals
- Steven Chudney, The Chudney Agency – 4 deals
- Sarah Davies, Greenhouse Literary Agency – 4 deals
- Stephen Fraser, Jennifer DeChiara Literary Agency
- Holly MdGhee, Pippin Porperties
- Michael Bourrett, Dystel & Dogerich Literary Management – 4 deals
- Ginger Knowlton, Curtis Brown – 3 deals
- Steven Malk, Writer’s House – 3 deals
- Brenda Bowen, Sanford J. Greenburger Associates – 3 deals
- Elizabeth Harding, Curtis Brown – 3 deals
- Kelly Sonnack, Andrea Brown Literary Agency – 3 deals
From Rejection to Acceptance
Help your story shine.
Get the Picture Book Checklist now!