I am woefully behind in sharing some great posts with you! Here’s a ton of links to articles of interest.
- Dori Butler just interviewed me for KidLit Central about my experience of judging the SCBWI Works-In-Progress Grantl
- Meanwhile, check out this podcast: Carla McClafferty is featured on Book Bites for Kids, talking about her new book, In Defiance of Hitler: The Secret Mission of Varian Fry. The book has already gotten a Starred Review! Wahoo!
- Suse Haberfeld continues the conversation on the digestive process of writing, taking in words, so you can put words out.
- Janni continues the conversation on Voice. But, Janni, are you talking to your characters lately? I wish you’d put all your conversations together in one place for each book — what a great resource.
- Becky CC summarizes her experiences at the Novel Retreat in Three Acts (I was Act 2). If you want to take a novel from conception, through revision, and present it to an editor and agent – all within a single year! – then you need to check out this series of retreats planned for 2009-10.
- Nancy talking about why she started the Three Act retreats.
- President-Elect Obama is a doodler? Oh, yes.
- Did you know that Bowen Press, the new Harpercollins children’s book imprint headed by Brenda Bowen, now has a blog? Read the Bowen Press Blog.
- What could possibly be good about Rejection Letters?
- You didn’t participate in the National Novel Writing Month? Well, here’s the project for you: The National Novel Writing Decade!
- Anne Marie Pace says, “In 40,000 words, my characters shook their heads 30 times and shrugged 18 times.”
My verbal tic is “a bit.” As in, “She shook her head a bit.” What’s YOUR verbal tic?
What have you read lately that is interesting?