After eight years teaching the Novel Revision retreat across the nation, I’m pleased to announce that the workbook developed for that retreat will be available in one week!
You can now Pre-order on Amazon!
Novel Metamorphosis: Uncommon Ways to Revise
- Foreword by Kirby Larson
- ISBN: 978-0-9798621-0-6
- Pub. Date: April 2, 2008
- Retail Price: $18.00
- Pages: 124
- Trim Size: 7.5 x 9.25
- Backmatter: Appendix, Index
- Mims House, publisher
Congratulations! You’ve finished a novel.
What an accomplishment! Now what?
Now, you need a passionate, in-depth guide to revision.
Before revision: Nice Story
After revision: Richer, deeper–the novel of your dreams.
Novice or Seasoned
. . . For aspiring novelists, mid-list novelists who want to break out, novelists who want to self-publish–successfully, writers who have completed NaNoWriMo but don’t know what to do next, and writing critique groups looking for a way to help each other to the next level.
Revising has never been easier:
- Systematically inventory and diagnosis your manuscript
- Visually manipulate your manuscript to diagnose problems
- Transform dull characters into fascinating, memorable people
- Strengthen the narrative and emotional arcs
- Sharpen dialogue
- Morph dull settings into backdrops that set the mood
- Bring to life narrated events by selecting the right details
- Use language with confidence
- Add depth with narrative patterning
- In-depth professional development
- Plan your novel’s metamorphosis
A stronger, richer, deeper story, a story that makes readers weep and cry and turn the next page.
Unlike most books on revision, Novel Metamorphosis turns theory into radical new tools which are practical, tangible, concrete.
- cut straight to the heart of your manuscript’s problem
- develop your writing and editing skills
- understand the critical underlying structure of your story
- learn theory as you work
- spark in-depth discussions in your critique group
Writing Teacher Darcy Pattison
In 1999, writer and writing teacher Darcy Pattison created the Novel Revision Retreat to meet the needs of struggling novelists. Since then, her passionate teaching has touched writers nationwide as she encouraged them, “I believe in your story.”
Back to Book Menu